> Melbourne VIC, Perth WA, Brisbane QLD
The Bureau is offering an opportunity for a dedicated, collaborative individual with program administration and stakeholder engagement experience to join the International Relations team in the Office of the CEO.
The team supports the Bureau's adherence to Australia's formal obligations under the Convention of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) 1947, including supporting the CEO / Director of Meteorology as the Permanent Representative of Australia to WMO, and the Bureau's role on behalf of the Australian Government as the National Focal Point with the UNESCO Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC).
To support these engagements the team relies on and interprets expert and often technical advice provided by staff across the organisation, maintains strategic relationships with intergovernmental and bilateral meteorological and hydrological partner agencies, and develops tools and processes to uplift international engagement across the enterprise.
The role offers the opportunity, over time, to develop strategic international governance and engagement skills in a support capacity and thus play a role in ensuring Australia is a global leader in weather, water and climate information.
To be successful, you will be a self-starter with a willingness to learn about intergovernmental engagement for international science diplomacy. You will have:
- Proven skills in stakeholder liaison and relationship building.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, including capacity to draft clear and concise documents.
- Understanding of confidentiality, sensitivities and reputational risks in the Australian Government context, and have a demonstrated ability to be discreet.
- Enthusiasm, drive and thrive working in a small geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated skills and experience using the Microsoft suite and SharePoint.
- Experience in a similar role at other scientific/technical agencies would be advantageous.
The key duties of the position include:
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Provide high-level coordination of technical input from across the organisation to inform and prepare briefing material for international engagements.
- Provide team administrative and secretariat support, including managing and responding to official correspondence, meeting organisation and reporting, travel logistics and hospitality for international delegations.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of productive working relationships internally and externally.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's SharePoint environment and associated administrative processes to ensure the Bureau's international engagements have high impact and value.
- Provide strategic guidance and advice in a support capacity on delegations to intergovernmental meetings.
- Investigate intergovernmental governance issues, identifying best practice approaches and offer strategic recommendations which align with Australian Government priorities.
- Complying with all Bureau work, health and safety policies and procedures, and taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of employees, contractors and visitors who may be affected by your conduct.
Successful candidate will be required to obtain, and maintain, a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance from the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information visit: https://www.apsc.gov.au/recruitability
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
In Australia, Dentons has offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organ [...]
Job Description: Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation) The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation) is a member of the University's Senior Executive and has responsibility for enh [...]
About us WPC Group Ltd WPC is an industry leading, award winning, not-for-profit Group Training Organisation GTO specialising in the development of Mentored Apprenticeship and Traineeship Program [...]
Job Description Our board is seeking to retain senior executives and experienced company directors to join the board to support our growth plans. Our Board Charter sets the scene for this importan [...]