At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Cisco Meraki's SRE Cloud Platform team is responsible for building and scaling the cloud that supports millions of Meraki devices across the world. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving more than 4 billion HTTP requests per day across eight data centres.
Our customers depend on the Meraki cloud to run and supervise their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs, and security cameras. We embrace the *nix way, automate away tedious tasks and build infrastructure as code.
In this role, you're going to have the outstanding opportunity to architect, build and support our platform as a service (PaaS). You will bring your expertise to a team passionate about automating and supporting production grade hybrid cloud infrastructure based on Kubernetes/Mesos. You will make crucial decisions about how to handle and scale difficult, high-performance distributed systems. You will have visibility and impact across all of Engineering.
Be prepared to join a team that contributes to and evangelizes engineering's best approaches and standards!
We are a team of incredible out-of-the-box thinking engineers who take pride in helping and collaborating with our engineering teams to tackle problems which help them be more efficient!
- Design, implement and handle a highly available and scalable on and off-prem orchestration platform (PaaS) that allows development teams to deploy and run their services.
- Influence architectural decisions with focus on security, scalability and high-performance.
- Build end-to-end documentation and instrumentation of our platform to ensure visibility, automation, self-healing and resiliency throughout the stack.
- Collaborate with other specialists on the team to foster confirmed engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- Able to use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion.
- Provide additional support for other cloud technologies (eg: OpenStack).
An ideal candidate:
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching other specialists, and leading large technical projects
- You can do both sides of DevOps: fix, write and review code in various object-oriented languages, but also know your way around a Linux server or a SQL database.
- Come with prior experience in public cloud (AWS, GCP or others).
- Automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform as well as container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes or similar)
- You can tackle complex technical issues, and design robust, scalable systems.
Wonder what it’s like work for Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and many other generous benefits! We have created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding did virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it's safe to return to our of [...]
Systems Engineer - Networking Sydney Corporate Technology Full Time SAI Global is a leading provider of Software-as-a-Service designed specifically to solve for our client’s Risk Management, [...]
Job Description ServiceNow is the Enterprise Cloud Company that is changing the way people worke are redefining markets anging the perception of enterprise softwareur cloud platform allows enterprises [...]
Are you intrigued by planetary scale, distributed, intelligent systems? Do you like to build services that can run themselves? Then this is the role for you! Join our Performance & Reliability Eng [...]