The State Of Queensland
Queensland Corrective Services
North Coast Region; Community Corrections; Community Corrections and Specialist Operations; Caboolture
North Coast Region Community Corrections is seeking candidates to fill the role of Senior Case Manager (PO3).
North Coast region encompasses offices located at Gympie, Maroochydore, Caboolture, Redcliffe and Pine Rivers.
The current permanent vacancy is located at Caboolture District Office.
A merit pool of suitable candidates that have met the role requirements may be used for future permanent and temporary vacancies as they arise within the North Coast region. This merit pool may be utilised for a period of up to 12mths after the closing date.
Community Corrections staff aim to protect the community and reduce re-offending by supervising offenders in the community in which they live and encourage offenders to adopt more pro-social attitudes and behaviours.
Position status Permanent
Position type Full-time
Occupational group Community Care
The Senior Case Manager ensures a high level of community safety through the case management of offenders within the community in accordance with their assessed risk and need and maintains high standards of offender assessment practices that facilitate effective supervision and improve reintegration and rehabilitation of high-risk sexual and violent offenders.
In this role you will:
- Understand and execute responsibilities in accordance with governance mechanisms to deliver compliance and support business improvement
- Conducting initial and progressive assessments of risk and program suitability
- Identifying and responding appropriately to risks arising from offender assessment including liaising with relevant managers, staff and external stakeholders
- Preparing high quality assessment documents and undertake verification and quality control of assessment and associated documents
- Ensure that you undertake direct interaction with a caseload of high risk sexual and violent offenders (including sexual, violent and other priority groups) assigned to you and appropriately identify risk and needs
- Develop appropriate plans to meet the conditions and requirements of court and parole board orders and facilitate appropriate behavioural and attitudinal change in offenders
- Ensure compliance with legislation and Agency procedures and standards for the case management of offenders
- Ensure that supervision practices and the monitoring of offenders contributes to ensuring the highest level of community safety and supports the achievement of internal oversight mechanisms
- Ensure the appropriate exchange of information with the Queensland Police Service and other government Agency's to optimise offender management
- Ensure security, maintenance, accuracy, access and appropriateness of case notes and intervention reports for appropriate staff and approved internal and external authorities
- Develop intervention strategies to facilitate appropriate behavioural and attitudinal change in offenders
- Monitor compliance with the requirements of orders and take breach action in accordance with prescribed procedures
- Co-ordinate, facilitate and monitor the implementation of offender management plans in accordance with assessed risk and need
- Ensure the timely provision of service and advice to courts, boards and other agencies regarding offenders.
- Execute duties as an officer of the Court
- Support the development of peers and delivery of quality offender management through peer verification, mentoring and coaching of junior and/or geographically displaced staff
- Conduct drug testing of offenders and maintain accurate statistics
- Promote and nurture a team culture that has good morale, values diversity and share knowledge and experience through informal and formal coaching/mentoring techniques in developing capability of entry- level case management staff.
- Emotional resilience to self-regulate and balance personal challenges that may arise whilst working and living in some of Queensland's most isolated communities
- A genuine commitment to invest in the community and understand remote protocols including the multicultural offender profile and promotes a positive image of QCS
Within the context of the role responsibilities described above under “About the role', the ideal applicant will be someone who can competitively demonstrate their knowledge, skills and experiences and their suitability against the Leadership competencies for Queensland (Individual contributor): Vision, Results and Accountability in the context of the essential requirements for this role.
Please refer to the role description for further details.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity .
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Please use * for wildcard searches. Location
Hold down the control (Ctrl) button and use your computer mouse to select multiple options (View Location Map ) Occupational group
Hold down the control (Ctrl) button and use your computer mouse to select multiple options Salary (yearly) Leave blank if you are searching for casual jobs Minimum Maximum Total Remuneration Only used for Senior Medical or Executive positions
Be aware of fake SmartJobs websites, including:
Check links before you click. Look for qld.gov.au, our valid Queensland Government domain.
This recruitment portal is your gateway to a wide range of graduate program positions on offer in the Queensland Government.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As one of Australia’s largest and most experienced not-for-profit organisations, we offer more services, supporting and enabling more people right across the country. That’s the reason RSL Care an [...]
Systems Safety Manager My client is a leading international railway engineering consultancy company looking to recruit experienced Systems Safety Assurance Manager to join their team in Brisbane , [...]
Your Key Accountabilities: Will include: Clinical Mental Health Program Provide professional, confidential evidence-based short-term mental health services to employeesp> Provide psycholo [...]
Job Description This is a remote position. THE POSITION SUMMARY Title: Senior SEO Specialist Location: Remote (APAC Timezone, +/- 3h from Sydney NSW) Availability: Full-time (40 ho [...]