Department Of Veterans' Affairs
Australian Capital Territory
The Senior Policy and Project Officer role is a new position within the Chief Health Officer Support Unit (CHO SU). The position is multifaceted covering project management, policy development, research and providing high level executive support. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing projects as part of continuous improvement activities, under broad direction conduct research on emerging and strategic issues and assist in developing policy to support changes. The successful candidate will liaise across the Department to support senior leadership in coordinating and replying to Chief Health Officer Division’s contribution to Parliamentary and Ministerial activities.
This role will report to the Director,
Chief Helath Officer Support Unit and work closely with the Chief Health Officer Executive Support staff in supporting senior leaders.
• Developing and managing project plans and schedules in accordance with project management framework methods.
• Identifying and assisting with the management of projects risks, issues and benefits.
• Preparing draft written material including business cases, executive briefs, corporate documents, responses to Ministerial correspondence, submissions and responses to external representations.
• Coordinate and quality check ministerial correspondence, briefs and submissions using Parliamentary Document Management System (PDMS).
• Deriving meaningful and actionable information from research and data material.
• Collaborating and working with other divisions of DVA in relation to high-level issues in the Chief Health Officer division.
• Working with internal and external stakeholders on delivering the Division’s priorities and projects.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen to apply.
An understanding of health/medical terminology would be advantageous for interpreting content and drafting products for non-health/medical audiences.
A merit pool will be established that may be used to fill similar positions within the next 12 months.
DVA embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
DVA is committed to improving the data skills and capability of our workforce to underpin our goal of becoming a leading data-driven organisation.
Non-ongoing may be offered for a period of 18 months with the possibility of extension.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the position. For more information see:http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability
Start your application by clicking the "begin" button.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
$120,744 - $144,929 (plus super) Fairbairn - ACTThe Role:Defence Recruiting Health Services (DRHS) is seeking to appoint a Medical Recruitment Analyst (data scientist) to undertake work with a high le [...]
- $120,744 - $144,929 (plus super) - Fairbairn - ACT The Role: Defence Recruiting Health Services (DRHS) is seeking to appoint a Medical Recruitment Analyst (data scientist) to undertake work w [...]
- $120,744 - $144,929 (plus Super) - Fairbairn - ACT The Role Defence Force Recruiting (DFR) is seeking a highly motivated, innovative, and skilled clinical psychologist or psychologist to exerci [...]
Team Member, Office of Road Safety APS Level 6 Title: Team Member (Several Positions) Classification(s): APS Level 6 Employment Type: Ongoing, Full Time Salary: $82,6 [...]