The State Of Queensland
Senior Project Officer - Tourism, World Heritage Connections
Would you like to live and work in the beautiful Wet Tropics World Heritage Area of Queensland?
The Wet Tropics Management Authority are offering an exciting opportunity for a full-time Senior Project Officer, Tourism to work in our World Heritage Connections team based in Cairns. This is a 12 month temporary position that will play a key role contributing to enhancing World Heritage presentation and opportunities for natural and cultural tourism and recreation through implementation of the Wet Tropics Management Authority's Tourism Destination Plan.
Please see Role Description for more information
The Senior Project Officer - Tourism, World Heritage Connections (AO5)
is a role in which you will:
• Contribute to the effective delivery of strategic outcomes specified in the Authority's Strategic Plan 2020-2030, in particular, enhancing World Heritage Presentation and supporting world class tourism and recreation in the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area.
• Undertake effective project management including planning, implementation, delivery and reporting within time and budget.
• Undertake research and analysis activities on existing tourism initiatives and actions, providing recommendations to management and the Wet Tropics Board.
• Create documentation including scoping documents, plans, analysis documents and spreadsheets (using Office 365 and other platforms)
• Undertake public engagement activities both face to face and virtually.
• Develop, maintain and monitor relationships with tourism industry and business groups, Rainforest Aboriginal Peoples and their organisations, government agencies and key stakeholders.
• Assist in planning and monitoring activities and assist in monitoring project budget and resource allocation.
• Foster a workplace culture that supports and promotes the interests of First Nations people and actively engage through our work to contribute to better outcomes for First Nations people.
It is a mandatory requirement for the occupant of this position to hold driver's license. Officers are required to drive government vehicles, including four wheel drives as a part of their day-to-day and field work. This position is based in Cairns, however, travel to other locations may be required from time to time. This includes overnight stays.
Applications to remain current for 12 months
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity .
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Please use * for wildcard searches. Location
Hold down the control (Ctrl) button and use your computer mouse to select multiple options (View Location Map ) Occupational group
Hold down the control (Ctrl) button and use your computer mouse to select multiple options Salary (yearly) Leave blank if you are searching for casual jobs Minimum Maximum Total Remuneration Only used for Senior Medical or Executive positions
Be aware of fake SmartJobs websites, including:
Check links before you click. Look for qld.gov.au, our valid Queensland Government domain.
This recruitment portal is your gateway to a wide range of graduate program positions on offer in the Queensland Government.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Term Time Fixed Term Position 12 Hours Per Week 7 June 2021 to 21 January 2022 Applications Close: 5pm, Monday 31 May 2021 Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced ca [...]
About Adairs: Our people, product and passion are our defining point of difference in our market. We are proud to be an ASX listed, leading and innovative homeware and linen retailer, who inspire an [...]
Who we are: Help riders get around town by using Uber and get the fares you make each trip paid weekly into your account. Using the Uber app is a great way to earn cash on your schedule. The more yo [...]
We have a great opportunity for Housekeepers around Cairns. We are advertising this position on behalf of a great business that values diversity and inclusion, and is looking to hire people with [...]