Public Transport is an essential service and Transdev are committed to providing a safe and reliable bus service to our passengers.
Transdev Mechanics are responsible for all facets of maintaining our fleet of buses to ensure we can deliver a clean, safe and comfortable journey to our community.
In order to meet roadworthy compliance your daily focus will be conducting safety checks, trouble shooting and diagnosing repairs as well as preventative maintenance.
Previous experience working with buses is desirable but not mandatory.
We have secure permanent contracts roles available at our Doncaster, North Fitzroy, Heatherton and Sunshine West locations
What you bring
- Heavy Vehicle Diesel Motor Mechanic trade certificate
- MR or Car Licence (Licence Upgrade to MR available)
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work to schedules and manage your time efficiently
- Experience using Fleet Maintenance Management Systems
- Strong diagnostic and fault-finding skills
- Good team player and takes pride in your work
- Highly safety conscious and a ‘do things right first time’ attitude
The benefits for you
- $35 to $39+/hr + allowances + overtime + RDOs
- $2,500 Sign on/Retention Bonus!
- Ongoing, stable employment
- Opportunities for overtime and advancement
- Great workshop based environment
- Work in a diverse and inclusive environment with high working standards
- Annual bonus potential and annual increases
- Work in a growing, global business that provides upskilling training & opportunities
- Opportunity for Car Licence upgrade to MR licence
Transdev is a world leader in the operation of passenger transport services. We operate in 19 countries around the world, with 83,000 employees and manage 41,000 vehicles. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
Our values and beliefs
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve. We support applications from people representing all diversity groups and ages such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, religious beliefs, and ethnicity. We also have an uncompromising attitude to the safety of our employees, client and customers
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you passionate about teaching the next generation of Community Service Education professionals to guide them into a career where they can make a real difference to people’s lives? Do you have th [...]
Are you passionate about teaching the next generation of Education professionals to guide them into a career where they can make a real difference to people’s lives? Do you have the experience and s [...]
Led by Swinburne University of Technology, working in partnership with CSIRO and Germany’s ARENA 2036, the Victorian Hydrogen Hub (VH2) project will bring together researchers, industry partners and [...]
Data Migration Lead - 6 Month Contract We’re currently seeking a Data Migration Lead for a 6 month contract working with a large education provider in Melbourne. The role will be working across a [...]