Thales Alenia Space Italia S.P.A.
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Primary Purpose of Role
- The primary purpose of the Mechanical equipment Buyer will be to lead mechanical equipment purchase activities in close connection with Commodity Manager.
- He will manage sourcing, strategy implementation, selection process, negotiations of mechanical equipment contracts.
- Manage the contractual and procurement activities relating to negotiation and agreement of Framework Agreements, Purchase Contracts, Statements of Work,
Non-Disclosure Agreements, and off-project purchasing activities.
- TAS JV Mechanical segment manager
- Orbital & Exploration products commodity manager
- TAS JV Cost Account Managers & Program managers
- TAS I Procurement, Finance and Contract Management Teams
- TAS JV Quality Assurance Teams and Engineering Teams.
- Organizations in the TAS supply chain
Key Responsibilities and tasks
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions for major purchasing contracts, and work closely with the Contracts and Legal Department to ensure contract compliance and limitation of risk to TAS, especially pertaining to cost and lead time.
- Ensure adherence to TAS processes and procedures (such as those defined in Chorus 2.0), including export regulations, ethical procurement practices, and ITAR regulations.
- Manage continuous performance improvement relating to purchasing and implementing the necessary action plans, e.g., dispute resolution, delivery time & quality improvements.
- Lead Supplier Business Reviews (SBR) and strategic meetings as required, with support of Supplier Operation for Supplier Performance Assessment .
- Work closely with the Supplier Operations Organization to minimize supplier claims and charges through effective application of supplier agreements and strong negotiation.
- Sustain a culture of continuous improvement in purchasing activities.
- Lead year over year cost reduction efforts in support of TAS goals. Initiate and manage competitive requests for proposal,
- Investigate and incorporate new technologies applicable to the Products or Sub-systems, and work closely with the engineering teams to develop and qualify new products.
- Work to optimize the amount of spend on contract, utilizing long-term agreements with global suppliers.
- Implement Transnational contracts & frame contracts, in order to foster synergy between needs of all TAS JV entities
- Undertake additional duties that may occur from time to time that are consistent with the nature of this position
Key Performance Indicators
- Booked savings, by negotiation with the suppliers and using the design-to-cost approach by involving and coordinating the TAS JV engineering upstream.
- Competitiveness initiatives progress indicators
- Regular reporting to the management and to the “internal” customers.
- Management of the Suppliers Business Review
Experience and Skills
A proven track record based on direct experience of
- Development / manufacture procurement project management
- Commercially astute with advanced negotiation skills
- Communication and influencing skills to build productive relationships at all levels of the business
- Knowledge of development and industrial project reviews.
- Knowledge of contractual legal terms in an international context
- Advanced ability to interpret, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Technical drivers understanding and exploitation
Education & Qualifications
- Business school or Engineer school
- Good level of competency with standard office software (word, excel, powerpoint)
- A professional qualification (such as ‘CIPS’) is desirable
- Fluent in English language
Personality / Behaviours / Values
Can demonstrate a positive example in relation to the Leadership Model;
- Shape Solutions Out of Complexity
- Be Ambitious and Accountable
- Perform Through Co-operation
- Influence Key Stakeholders
- Manage Self
The job requires the ability to work in a multi-site capacity. There is a main location but regular travel is required within Europe and overseas.
The job requires a flexible and “can do” approach to perform effectively in a fast changing business growth environment.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here,
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About the Role An exciting career opportunity exists for a highly motivated & proactive chef / cook to join theClub Hotel Roma.As a chef / cook you will also be serving meals, washing up and cleanin [...]
Australian driver's licence (Preferred). Working Part-time & Full-time options available. Estimated earnings 50k-100k per year depending on time available. $50,000 - $100,000 a year [...]
Come and join our fantastic team at Goodstart Roma! is looking for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher to join the team at our Roma centre.r> About the Role Based in the Kindergarten room, t [...]
About the Role An exciting career opportunity exists for a highly motivated & proactive chef / cook to join the Club Hotel Roma. As a chef / cook you will also be serving meals, washing up and clea [...]