Mining is Awesome - want to know why?
It’s 4am and the light is starting to peep through the peeling edges of the alfoil covering your window. You flew to the remote Australian mine site only a few days ago and you know you are in for another awesome day in the office. You pack your crib and make your way to the bus for the short trip to site.
There is always a buzz in the pre-start meetings in those early hours on a hot summer's day, although you can’t stop thinking about the next blast design you have on your list. Once the meeting is over you’re off to the office, make a coffee, sit at your computer and wait for the license to connect - one step closer to becoming a mining expert!
Does this sound like you? Well...
Mining Plus wants you!
Duties will include:
- Mine planning
- Drill and blast design
- Mine Project work
- Managing operational mining activities
- Liaising with the Client
- Complying with Client HSEQ requirements
Desired Skills, Experiences, and Attributes
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
- Drill and blast design
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with mine planning process
- Competent in the use of mining software packages (eg. Deswik).
- Experience across mine operations spanning both startup, steady state and expansion considered an advantage
- Experience in the implementation of technical processes at an operations level and knowledge of change management practices considered and advantage
- The ability to work autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full current rights to work in Australia and current Australian domicile
All applicants across Australia are encouraged to APPLY!
At Mining Plus, we think that Mining is Awesome! We have a passion for our great industry, the inspiring people within it and the amazing projects we get to work on. Our Vision is to develop a high performance culture and be known as the best professional mining experts on the planet!
We are a global team of over 150 expert mining professionals working from 12 different offices, across multiple continents all operating as One Team. Corporately we are a part of the Byrnecut Group who are renown specialist underground mining contractors employing more than 4,000 people globally.
Our customers range from services, exploration and mining companies on a global scale. Our core capabilities center around Geology, Geotechnical Engineering and Mining Engineering, covering all hard rock mineral commodities across the project value chain which are enhanced by strategic alliances in other core disciplines.
The perfect scenario is for us to go from project conceptual stage (Define - Corporate), right through feasibility study work (Plan - Consulting) to project delivery (Operate - Contracting). We have a unique ability to integrate seamlessly with a client’s project team to deliver results with the flexibility of working remotely or mobilising to site.
Although we work by our Company values of:
We live by our internal values of:
- Get it right the first time
- Own it as if it is our own
- Go the extra mile
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Shutdown Electricians - FIFO from Brisbane or Adelaide to Perth Airport - Industry leading rates including allowances - Major Mine Sites PARC Engineering are specialists in Structural, Mecha [...]
Speno Rail Maintenance Australia, a world leader in rail grinding, fault finding, machinery and technology, is seeking an experienced and confident office administrator to assist their Port Hedland Op [...]
Company Description SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,0 [...]
- Home - Vacancies - Data Entry Administrator About this role About this role Brunel have partnered with our Client, a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Aust [...]