Your part in a changing world
At QBE, we’re driven by our purpose – to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions .
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. Our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. We employee a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.
The Government Relations and Industry Affairs function operates to educate stakeholders, and influence policy, regulatory and legislative change at the federal and state levels. The team’s work enables QBE Australia Pacific (AUSPAC)
to optimise opportunities and minimise risks by effectively communicating QBE’s views to governments, oppositions, and bureaucrats.
The newly created role of Government Relations Manager to support the existing Government Relations team will see you responsible for supporting QBE’s policy work and advocating, or developing your ability to advocate, with industry and external stakeholders.
You will identify impacts and opportunities for QBE AUSPAC from political, regulatory and policy issues and trends, undertake comprehensive research on various areas; write discussion papers and position papers on reform topics or areas of interest; actively participate in consultative meetings and workshops with key stakeholders; write briefs and draft submissions; and engage effectively with key internal and external stakeholders to facilitate and manage their involvement in various aspects of policy design and implementation.
Your story so far
- Demonstrated ability to undertake research, produce high quality written work, and engage in critical analysis
- Strong oral communication skills, including experience advocating in professional settings, or the capability and willingness to develop these skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organised, and able to effectively manage competing priorities against deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work as part of a small team with minimal supervision, navigate uncertainty and demonstrate initiative
- The capacity to comprehend complex issues, think strategically and adapt to changing circumstances
- Government relations or policy professional with appropriate qualifications and expertise in either Law, Economics, Political Science or another suitable discipline, with a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience.
We are here to support you
We are proud to have been Voted #5 in the 2019 Top 20 Australian Workplaces for New Dads - HBF Direct Advice for Dads and we achieved Gold employer status in the 2019 Australian LGBTI Inclusion Awards.
We also offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance.
As a QBE employee, we will offer you:
- [email protected] leave to enhance your work/life integration
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program, which includes a free 12-month subscription to Headspace
- Access to ‘Share the Care’ – 12 weeks’ flexible leave for new parents inclusive of paid superannuation
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance and reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Access to REACH My Best - free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, financial and legal advice and confidential counselling
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services, and
- Benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners such as free and discounted tickets.
Click APPLY to submit your application. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our networks please contact us at [email protected]
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Temporary full-time appointment for a period up to 30 June 2022 Location: Parramatta About the role The role supports the development of strategic policy proposals and advice for early childhoo [...]
About Riverside Theatres Riverside Theatres is a premier performing arts venue in Western Sydney. It offers experiences you can’t have at home and is the centrepiece of performance culture in Sydne [...]
- Full Time Position - Based in Sydney - Excellent Team Dynamic This is an exciting opportunity for a Government Relations Adviser to join Tourism Australia’s dedicated and experienced Corpora [...]
Make your mark At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail [...]