Australian Government Department of Defence
Are you a dynamic, motivated and innovative individual looking for a career opportunity where you can really make a difference? Do you want to drive satellite collection operations and tackle big data challenges in support of Australia’s National Security?
Exciting opportunities exist to join the Australian Geospatial-Intelligence Organisation (AGO) and contribute to achieving Defence’s goals through AGO’s Collection Directorate and GEOINT Data Office. We seek motivated people with passion, creativity, good judgment and adaptability to achieve our mission.
As an APS 5 geospatial intelligence analyst you will:
- Ensure the timely provision of innovative data and imagery solutions to meet the operational and strategic needs of Defence and the Australian Government;
- Maintain a strong knowledge of and compliance with relevant legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence’s mission and policy requirements;
- Innovate, automate, and share skills and experience that drive modernisation of business practices through standardising, structuring or streamlining data and processes to improve discoverability, interoperability, and useability;
- Build and sustain strong working relationships with customers and stakeholders by providing prompt and professional service and advice;
- Support a wide array of technical engagement activities with a diverse range of stakeholders, including international partners, external contractors, commercial vendors, other Government agencies, and collaborators from across Defence; and,
- Operate within a high tempo environment that requires flexibility and judicious prioritisation to meet short or shifting deadlines.
About our Team
We are looking to fill multiple positions in the AGO GEOINT Data Office and AGO Collection Directorate.
AGO’s GEOINT Data Office is responsible for the enterprise data holdings of AGO and Defence GEOINT partners. The Directorate supports a wide array of functions from highly technical functions to strategic governance and policy guidance for the Department and intelligence community. The modernisation of the GDO presents a significant opportunity to contribute to the support of critical Defence operations through provision of timely, accurate and fit-for-purpose GEOINT data.
The Collection Directorate is responsible for the collection, collation and dissemination of satellite imagery in support of Defence and Australian Government requirements. The Directorate plans and drives collection operations, provides sensor advice to internal and external stakeholders, develops organisational policy regarding use of imagery, and engages broadly with government and industry to support the efficient and effective operation of AGO’s collection capability.
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for technically savvy individuals with strong communication skills and an enthusiasm for learning. Our ideal candidates are people who are outcomes-focused, work well in teams and who demonstrate good judgement and resilience. They are able to meet high levels of customer service, maintain productive relationships with internal and external customers, and build strong working relationships with international and commercial partners. They are receptive to feedback and are committed to the improvement of themselves and others.
They are able to manage and prioritise a high work load with minimal supervision, and to undertake objective and systematic analysis to provide detailed technical, operational, professional, and/or procedural advice in relation to complex data or satellite operations.
A strong academic background or experience and interest in space-based technology, remote sensing, intelligence collection, geospatial information systems, data science and engineering, scripting, or computer science, will be highly regarded. Note that AGO will provide specialised formal and informal training on commencement.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Work in an environment that offers: - A supportive working environment - Full time permanent position with a leader in regional healthcare The Position - Allied Health Assistant (Grade 2) This [...]
This job requires relocating to China Calling all new and recent graduates - we are seeking educators, innovators, and doers for a job that matters abroad. Teach English in China with EF and experi [...]
- Catering Assistant - VIC - Regional Apply - Job Description: Location: Bendigo About The Role Use your catering skills in a role in which you can really make a difference – assisting in the p [...]
About Us McArthur, a proud family owned and operating busines celebrating its 51st anniversary, is looking to employ home carers/PCAs that can provide high quality, empathetic care for independently [...]