At DUG, our software development team is pivotal to our success, from creating experimental imaging software for internal services users and highly distributed processing systems for clients on our cloud processing platform, to innovative visualisations and task-focused user interfaces for cross-platform desktop users.
We’re looking for an application developer to help realise our next generation of scientific processing applications, excited by the prospect of learning new domain knowledge, tools and techniques, and eager to extend these into innovative ideas of their own.
As a Scientific Applications Developer, you’ll work with a small team of energetic problem solvers on ambitious software challenges.
Guided by our agile continuous integration process you’ll rapidly deploy advanced features to internal users, while also meeting production schedules for stable releases to external clients. You’ll show initiative by becoming proficient in the languages and technologies used in your projects, as well as the basic domain knowledge required to solve challenging software problems for your users. You’ll employ your design smarts on new user interfaces, APIs, high performance computing and cluster data challenges. When submitting your application, you’ll have shown you have an eye for detail by including ‘Shibboleth’ in your cover letter.
- high- and detailed-level design of scientific processing software
- implementation, testing, and maintenance of software in Java and/or C
- inspection and maintenance of software written by other members of the team
- becoming conversant in the problem domains of new and existing products
- acting as 3rd-level technical support, for otherwise-unresolvable customer issues
- providing and receiving regular, constructive feedback to and from your peers
- collaborating on priority and scheduling for rapid product iterations
- acting as mentor for an exceptional intern or junior developer
- demonstrable expert-level skills as a software developer in C, C++, and/or Java
- a history of work in one or more of our major focus areas, such as 3D visualisation, data management and I/O, human/computer interaction, highly-parallel computing, or numerical processing,
- excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with clients
- impeccable professional references
An attractive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
What will you be doing? - Designing, coding, testing, correcting and documenting of requirements for our applications championing best practice development and testing on our Finance and Operations p [...]
What will you be doing? - Advising the business and IT units in information, application, infrastructure and access security, to facilitate compliance with RAC information security policy, busine [...]
Overview Edith Cowan University is a large, multi-campus institution serving communities nationally and internationally. The University currently has two metropolitan campuses at Mount Lawley and Jo [...]
Overview Edith Cowan University (ECU) is a large, multi-campus institution serving communities nationally and internationally. The University currently has two metropolitan campuses at Mount Lawley [...]