Palo Alto Networks, Inc
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our digital way of life. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t simple statements. They won’t be easy either – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset.
It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
We have brought a technology to market that is reshaping the digital landscape. Our ability to secure the cloud is only limited by our ability to build positive relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how we can help. This is where our systems engineering team comes in. Our sales engineering team members work hand-in-hand with the sales team to help provide technical support and educate customers on our products and solutions during the purchase making process.
You will identify complex security challenges in your potential customers’ networks and drive solutions using our market leading security products and services. We need individuals who are capable of forming relationships with clients built on trust, education, and partnership.
As a Specialist Systems Engineer, Prisma Cloud, you will be the authority on our cybersecurity offerings for Public Cloud Security, Container Security, DevSecOps, and Serverless. You are the “go-to” person for customer interactions that exceed the typical Systems Engineering requirements.
This is a technical role that directly supports the sales delivery of quota. You are measured by your expertise and by your ability to lead to customer wins. There is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management, Marketing, and Competitor intelligence to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Articulate the value proposition of the platform to customers at all levels in the hierarchy (from engineer to CIO)
- Lead conversations about trends and emerging changes to the cloud security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning for when utilizing public cloud IaaS and or PaaS services to for critical data, intellectual property, and applications
- Discuss, with credibility, the competitive landscape and position ours as the best alternative
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
- Help customers embrace our cloud security offerings
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to security and compliance in Cloud and Container infrastructure
- Be an evangelist to further bring Security, DevOps, and SecOps together (DevSecOps)
- Provide technical demos to and lead deep-dive discussions with prospective customers
- Act as a conduit for customer feedback to Product Management, Technical Marketing, competitor intelligence, and R&D; to create requirements and deliver product features for our customers
- Provide design consultation and best practices and mentorship for the rollout, and implementation during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities, including 'proof of concept'
- Provide product update and improvement training to other SEs in the region or theater
- Assist in the training of new SEs in their designated regions
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive experience in a highly technical customer-facing role
- Experience as a security architect, infrastructure architect, systems engineer, or solutions architect
- Strong general infrastructure skills and specific knowledge of cloud platforms
- Experience using APIs
- Experience with CloudFormation, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, or GCP Cloud Deployment Manager Templates
- Proven experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform configuration and administration of security features and services (including and not limited to identity and access management, service-related security features, networking, firewalls, encryption, and related best practices)
- Expertise in container and DevOps technologies such as Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, and OpenShift
- Security skills should include areas such as access control, runtime defense, anti-malware, and vulnerability management
- Deep understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS deployments, connectivity, network security, virtualization and compute
- Experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring and troubleshooting infrastructure security products.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Marist Catholic College North Shore, a Coeducational K-12 Catholic Secondary School in the Archdiocese of Sydney, imbuing the faith life, values, work ethic and pragmatism of St. Marcellin Champagnat, [...]
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Physics Teacher on a fulltime/permanent basis to commence in Term 4 2021, or the beginning of Term 1, 2022 with a proven ability to teach Stage 6 Physics [...]
TAS / VET Construction teacher This is a fulltime permanent position commencing in Term 2 2021. The start date is negotiable. Marcellin College is seeking an enthusiastic, engaged and collaborativ [...]
Marian Catholic College Kenthurst is seeking applications from suitably qualified Science teachers who are passionate and energetic in their teaching and are willing to work collaboratively with a dyn [...]