VISA Token ID provides comprehensive, mobile payment and tokenization solutions to their customers worldwide. VISA Token ID Customer support team is based in Rotterdam, Toronto, Bangalore and growing.
We are seeking a senior Technical customer-facing Support Engineer to provide technical support and solutions to VISA Token ID customers. As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface between VISA Token ID customers and the product team for management and resolution of problems on our products and services, serving as an advocate for customer needs.
You will work closely with Customer support Management, Development, QA, Product teams,
and 3rd party product partners to ensure a superior technical support to our customers. We are not looking for a first line support engineer but for a software engineer who will able to understand our product architecture, debug and troubleshoot our java source code and has the ability and required skills to develop his functional knowledge in the field of mobile payment and tokenization.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Interface with customers via telephone, email, WebEx or Skype sessions.
- Troubleshoot, reproduce, debug, and diagnose customer issues,
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to customers within our SLA.
- Log software defects using a bug tracking system and work closely with software developers to analyze the defects and track them to resolution
- Regular and timely follow ups with customers with recommendations, workarounds, updates, and action plans
- Document action plan and progress in case tracking systems
- Escalate issues to management as per internally established processes and guidelines
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including, but not limited to peers, mentors, product documentation, knowledge base, community forums, and other internal tools to provide the most effective solution to customer issues
- Acquire the required product knowledge and stay up-to-date with product updates.
- Build and maintain test environments and tools for troubleshooting and testing.
- Create new internal or external knowledgebase articles/documentation to capture new learnings for reuse. Contribute to the team product knowledgebase
- Deliver knowledge transfer sessions to customers and/or internal team members
- Assist customers outside of normal business hours, if required, including weekends and holidays
- Provide onsite support at customer locations (if required)
- Complete comprehensive customer site profile documents ensuring the customer’s infrastructure and architecture is documented
- Reduce/deflect Support Request volume through education and proactive engagement with customers
- Develop strong relationship with customer and engineering teams
- Conduct weekly, semimonthly, or monthly meetings with customers for case reviews to identify issue trends and opportunities for corrective actions
Candidate must be familiar with standard software development, quality processes, support processes, methodologies, and tools, and must have a track record of very high technical competence that includes strong coding and/or scripting skills and individual technical accomplishments. You should have the passion & ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo. Candidate should be able to travel to both remote VISA as well as customer locations (domestic and international).
Education and Experience
- BS/MS in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in Customer Support, Programing and/or QA
- Experience in Electronic payment and/or Mobile Payment is a plus
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong software background, specifically in coding with Java or other language, with experience in web services.
- Experience in databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL and MySQL),
- Experience on Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience with application servers, including: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat and WebSphere
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting Java applications is key.
- Experience of working on Large scale homogenous or heterogeneous distributed systems with high availability requirements on Virtual Machines and/or physical server clusters
- Experience/exposure in software development lifecycle - from requirements through post-release support is essential
- Knowledge of smart card, hardware security modules, card printers, and internet technologies, Global Platform Messaging, NFC/EMV and Mobile Payments are plus.
- Ability to speak confidently and communicate clearly with the customers
- Ability to work well with demanding customers
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to understand urgency and sensitivity of customer cases
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
At EY you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your uniq [...]
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it's safe to return to our o [...]
iOS Developer (Australia) Sydney NSW, Australia Req #8046 Monday, April 19, 2021 Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better? This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well. Do [...]
Android Developer (Australia) Sydney NSW, Australia Req #8043 Monday, April 19, 2021 Job Location: For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in Australia.Ideal markets for remo [...]