Legal Aid NSW
Senior Training Officers (Aviation NPMP and Fireground NPMP)-0000860G
Senior Training Officer – 2 roles
National Parks and Wildlife Service has 2 exciting temporary opportunities to join the NPWS team.
The roles will support delivery of a stimulus funded program that was announced in late 2020 by the NSW Government. This funding – provided to create jobs and grow the NSW economy – will focus on the maintenance, repair and restoration of visitor and park management infrastructure as well as weeding and landscaping in key locations to improve the local environment, enhance the visitor experience and support local tourism.
This is a great opportunity to join the Fire and Incident Management Branch Training team.
- 2 x Senior Training Officer roles, Clerk Grade 9/10
- Temporary full-time positions for 12 months, with possible extension
- Location – Parramatta (negotiable)
- Starting salary $111,077 + super + annual leave loading
About the Roles
The Senior Training Officer, Aviation is responsible for coordinating and supervising the development and implementation of fire aviation training for the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS). This includes:
- Development, delivery and review of Air Observer, Air Attack Supervisor, Air Base Manager, Aircraft Officer and other fire aviation training.
- Ensuring that fire aviation training programs meet NPWS operational fire management needs.
- Ensuring that fire aviation training programs comply with Enterprise Registered Training Organisation (RTO) requirements, in collaboration with the Enterprise Registered Training Organisation team.
- Providing timely, quality high level advice to senior management regarding fire aviation training programs, policies and standards.
The Senior Training Officer, Fireground is responsible for coordinating and supervising the development and implementation of fireground training for the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS). This includes:
- Development, delivery and review of Crew Member, Crew Leader, Divisional Commander, heavy plant and other fireground training.
- Ensuring that fireground training programs meet NPWS operational fire management needs.
- Ensuring that fireground training programs comply with Enterprise Registered Training Organisation (RTO) requirements, in collaboration with the Enterprise Registered Training Organisation team.
- Providing timely, quality high level advice to senior management regarding fireground training programs, policies and standards.
To succeed in these roles, you will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the statutory and operational environment for fire and incident management in NSW, and its relationship to natural and cultural heritage management in national parks and other lands.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, delivery and evaluation of fire, incident or aviation, training strategies and related policies.
- Demonstrated experience in application of the Australian Quality Training Framework in a Registered Training Organisation, and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- A current Australian drivers licence and a willingness to travel in a light aircraft.
Please refer to the for further information and essential criteria.
How to Apply
- Please indicate which role/s you are applying for in the application form and your cover letter.
- Please upload a current resume and cover letter.
- In your cover letter please outline how your experiences align with the capabilities and purpose for the role (as per the role description). Please keep the cover letter to 1-2 pages.
- For more information, contact Paul Seager, Manager People and Training – 0429 369 512 or
Applications close: 11:59 PM Sunday 28 March 2021.
Good to Know
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.
National Parks & Wildlife Service manages more than 870 NSW national parks and reserves, covering over 7 million hectares of land. Our national parks also contribute $21.3m to the state’s economy. We are committed to providing park experiences that support local communities and conserve our cultural and natural heritage.
For further information about view our website.
At the (DPIE) we are focused on creating a liveable, inclusive and sustainable New South Wales with thriving natural environments, strong primary industries and bustling urban centres. We are the stewards of our state’s physical and environmental assets - both natural and built - and we work hard every day to ensure New South Wales continues to flourish.
Our commitment to flexible working
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment is committed to ensuring the sector reflects the NSW community it serves. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services. We are open to discussing flexible working arrangements and encourage our people to explore new ways of working - including part-time, job-share or working from different locations. Everyone can ask about it.
Our commitment to Diversity
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and people with disabilities.
Sydney Region-Sydney - Greater West
Number of Positions
2ContactPaul Seager-0429 369 512
National Parks & Wildlife ServiceResponsibilitiesPlease refer to the role description.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Marist Catholic College North Shore, a Coeducational K-12 Catholic Secondary School in the Archdiocese of Sydney, imbuing the faith life, values, work ethic and pragmatism of St. Marcellin Champagnat, [...]
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Physics Teacher on a fulltime/permanent basis to commence in Term 4 2021, or the beginning of Term 1, 2022 with a proven ability to teach Stage 6 Physics [...]
TAS / VET Construction teacher This is a fulltime permanent position commencing in Term 2 2021. The start date is negotiable. Marcellin College is seeking an enthusiastic, engaged and collaborativ [...]
Marian Catholic College Kenthurst is seeking applications from suitably qualified Science teachers who are passionate and energetic in their teaching and are willing to work collaboratively with a dyn [...]