Not the job you're looking for? Become a member of our talent community to stay connected and be informed of any new opportunities.
This is the place where you’ll be hands on. Where new ideas are welcomed and expected.
At every level and in every role we’re doers and builders. Not Managers and minders.
hummgroup (ASX-HUM) is one of Australasia’s most successful and enduring fintech organisations with a proud legacy of rewriting the playbook for digital spending. We help people buy everything, everywhere, every day. Our product ecosystem of buy now pay later, and business financing products has been designed around the core needs of today's shoppers, retailers, and small and medium enterprises.
What's so exciting about this role?
The Group Head of Tax is a critical role, leading the group tax function which is responsible for managing all the direct and indirect tax matters of the group across Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Canada and the United Kingdom. This includes income tax, transfer pricing, R&D; tax incentive, GST or VAT, FBT, stamp duty and payroll tax. This is a hands on role with one direct report.
What Does An Average Day Look Like?
No day is average at humm but here’s an idea of what you can expect to do in this role:
- Completing all relevant tax compliance and reporting obligations;
- Providing tax technical and operational advice on new structures, products and other commercial transactions;
- Preparing current and deferred tax calculations for statutory reporting purposes;
- Providing regular tax updates to the CFO, the Board and its Audit Committee;
- Representing the group in all engagements with tax authorities;
- Managing the relationship with external tax service providers; and
- Partnering with the broader finance team to review and streamline systems and processes.
Who will thrive in this role?
You are analytical and curious, and put that to use by driving great customer experiences and profitable growth for humm. You can manage a busy workload of top priorities and can be relied on to deliver end-to-end. You are someone who believes in the strength of good relationships. You are flexible, driven and passionate about customers; you can operate in and contribute to a fast paced and dynamic environment.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to step up into head of tax role.
We’re also looking for someone who brings:
- Experience in professional tax, from Big 4 and/or ASX-listed commercial environment
- Ability to lead and work autonomously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience in corporate and international tax
- Hands-on with strong attention to detail
And did we mention that we are working in a super-fast-paced environment where change is the only constant? We really mean it so experience working at pace is essential. If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job search e.g. Financial Planner, Melbourne, Part time Filter results Work type Permanent Full time 1 Locations Aust - NSW Metro 1 Categories Finance 1 Associate Director, Tax Apply [...]
Work for a Market leading FMCG organisation Bring your Corporate and Indirect Tax experience Competitive Salary and flexible working options Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across [...]
About the role Based in Ashfield Permanent Full Time Role Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options! About the Function The Public Affairs & Communications t [...]
About the Roles As an Employment Broker or Employment Consultant, you will utilise your knowledge and critical thinking skills to support our customers to overcome barriers, in order to gain [...]