Position Title Consultant Neurosurgeon - Mixed Pituitary and Spinal
Employment Type Fixed Term Part Time
Entity Monash Health
Location Monash Medical Centre Clayton
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria's largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne's population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers.
More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children's Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About Monash Doctors
There are more than 900 Junior Medical staff positions at Monash Health in over 200 medical specialties, to help grow your career. We offer unparalleled opportunities in Victoria's largest & most clinically diverse teaching health service.
About Neurosurgery Unit
Our Neurosurgery unit has a part time role available for a Neurosurgeon to supplement hours to his/her clinical responsibilities.
About the Role
Support and assist the Director of the Neurosurgery Unit, Monash Health in the provision of high quality Neurosurgery Services at MMC at Clayton and possibly at Casey sites, consistent with the Monash Health values.
Key Result Areas:
- Provide clinical leadership through active involvement in patient care.
- Be available to medical colleagues for consultation and liaison as appropriate regarding patient care.
- Be immediately available for urgent consultation and assistance in resuscitation and subsequent management of critically ill or injured patients, when on-call.
- Support education, training & supervision (both undergraduate and postgraduate) roles in the Neurosurgery Unit, Monash Health.
- Support the Neurosurgery Unit's outreach services within Monash Health.
- Contribute to ongoing service improvement and clinical and workforce innovation to ensure Monash Health provides high quality accessible Neurosurgery Services within allocated resources and meets the needs of Monash Health patients.
The key tasks will be attending the allotted operating lists and clinics as negotiated.
What you need:
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Appropriate health professional tertiary qualifications
- Fellowship of the RACS or equivalent
- Working with Children's Certificate
- Membership with RACS and ASOHNS
What we offer:
- Salary packaging
- Onsite discounted staff parking
- Discounted banking (BankVic)
- Onsite Gym
- Access to professional development courses and seminars
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health employees should apply using their Monash Health employee account. Please call Recruitment Services on 9265 2776 for assistance.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same)
- proof of immunisation.
Selection Criteria You are required to complete a Credentialing and Scope of Clinical Practice application via the C.Gov online platform. Please access the online link to c.Gov via the document in the attachments section. Please declare that you have completed this application by selecting YES to confirm your completi
If you are an Employee of Monash Health, then you need to sign in with your Monash Health account using either your Monash Health Employee Number or Monash Health Email Address.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Executive Level 2, Ongoing - $119,495 - $134,208 + 15.4% super - Melbourne - other State & Territory capital city offices will be considered This role is part of the Application Services leader [...]
We are seeking a dynamic, friendly & positive Customer Service person with a CAN DO attitude who would like to join a highly motivated & supportive team that strives for a hassle-free customer experie [...]
- APS Level 3, Non-ongoing - $58,542 - $64,116 + 15.4% super - Melbourne The Bureau of Meteorology are seeking an experienced customer service officer with experience in supporting an inbound cal [...]
- Executive Level 2, Ongoing - $119,495 - $134,208 + 15.4% super - Melbourne - other State & Territory capital city offices will be considered As part of the Application Services leadership team [...]