Health Workforce Queensland
- Suitable for experienced SP or new graduate.
- Role can be based in Roma or Charleville or FIFO arrangement can be discussed.
- Vital Health is a registered NDIS Provider.
- Diverse caseload.
- Professionally rewarding!
This organisation is passionate about improving rural, remote and Indigenous access to health services. We believe in innovation and encourage community engagement. Our team members enjoy living and working in rural communities.
They have 9 Centres across Queensland and Northern New South Wales. Currently there are 50+ professionals employed across the following allied health disciplines - Physiotherapy, Exercise Physiology, Dietetics, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy,
Podiatry and Massage Therapy. They also provide Sleep Health services and is a NDIS Registered Provider.
Being advertised is a full time Speech Pathologist position based in either Roma or Charleville (or other negotiated arrangement). The successful applicant will bring a passion for improving rural, remote and Indigenous access to health services to the role. He/She will have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, organisational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Provide high quality assessment and intervention services for a paediatric (including - speech, language, voice, fluency, literacy, feeding), and adult (mostly aged care; dysphagia based) caseload.
- Work under unique 'Vital Paediatrics' program in a multidisciplinary setting with an Occupational Therapist & Physiotherapist.
- Work alongside other allied health professionals in the South West Queensland Team, including: Dietitian, Exercise Physiologists, Massage Therapist, Occupational Therapist, and Physiotherapists.
- Work within a variety of services delivery settings including - medical centres, aboriginal health centres, schools, kindy's and Health Centres.
- Prepare and present information sessions for educators, parents and/or other professionals.
- Participate in regular professional development, internally with Paediatrics and whole- of-clinic teams.
- Provide services under the NDIS - including assessment and management of AAC.
- Engage in regular supervision and clinical support from Senior Speech Pathologist.
- Travel, on a regular roster, to smaller towns to provide services (all travel expenses covered).
- Internally facilitated professional development with Senior Speech Pathologist, peer support and learning opportunities with other senior professionals.
- Generous annual allowance for external professional development.
- Self-motivated individuals can increase their income by working as a contractor to the business (if/when interested).
- Diverse caseload and support to work independently.
Apply now: Job No: AHHWQ 2363
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Roma, ItalyIn fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aer [...]
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in o [...]
Schools Officer, Facilities - Kingaroy State High School writeAgency('Education'); Education (Organisation site ( )) Darling Downs South West Region, State Schools Division In this role, you will [...]
Director of Nursing and Midwifery / Facility Manager writeAgency('Queensland Health'); Queensland Health (Organisation site ( )) Warwick We are looking for a Director of Nursing / Facility Manage [...]