Thales Australia Limited
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore,
the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
Working on our OneSky Project, the Senior Software Integration Engineer is responsible for the delivery of software integration services (and/or corresponding hardware integration or configuration support, as applicable) for systems and/or sub-systems of products or for projects, along with the provision of expert guidance/assistance as required to other technical teams in regard to integration, technical and configuration matters.
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), lead of the integration & block testing of incremental software releases for products and/or projects, in accordance with the schedule set by the relevant leader / manager.
- Providing expert technical support and the setup of environments to developers, testers and end users.
- Identifying risks, and proposing effective solutions.
- Operational coaching and mentoring a team of highly technical engineers.
- Define and lead testing activities (regression, interface, simulation scenarios and test tools).
How About You?
- Engineering or Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- Work experience in integrating large projects, Air Traffic Control or related real time complex projects a must
- Software development knowledge (E.g. Python, shell scripts, Java, C++) and use of configuration and data management tools (E.g. Jenkins, GIT, JIRA, SVN)
- Software development cycle, in real-time systems a must
- UNIX/Linux Operating Systems experience a must
- Experience as leading SME for a sizeable technical engineering team
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Experienced Cook/Chef needed for renowned Wine bar and restaurant in the Melbourne CBD. Training provided. Good remuneration. Sunday and Monday off . Rotating roster. Access to other opportuni [...]
Duties and responsibilities 1) Design and build solutions for specific business problems or project requirements 2) Develop and implement product solutions using required optical engin [...]
First Focus is Australia’s #1 Managed Service Provider. We have the experience and capability to deliver comprehensive Managed IT Services, Project Support, Unified Communications, Technology, Conne [...]
We are looking for a motivated reliable person to manage our clients investment properties. The position is challenging and duties will include all facets on management, such as leases, inspections, [...]