Legal Aid NSW
- Ongoing, Part time job share (14 – 21 hours per week)
- Location: Bathurst NSW
- Clerk Grade 9/10, Base Salary ($110,745 – $122,038) (full-time equivalent), plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
Greyhound Welfare and Integrity Commission
Be part of the Commission overseeing the integrity of greyhound racing
The Greyhound Welfare and Integrity Commission is an independent statutory body, constituted by the Greyhound Racing Act 2017. The Greyhound Welfare and Integrity Commission is responsible for the supervision and regulation of the NSW greyhound racing industry, including upholding high animal welfare standards,
overseeing the integrity of greyhound racing, and monitoring and enforcing compliance with regulations, policies, number of races and the Code of Practice.
The Greyhound Welfare and Integrity Commission plays a vital role in building trust in the NSW greyhound racing industry through the implementation and oversight of an enforceable code of practice for greyhound welfare and industry rules and regulations, development and operation of whole of life cycle tracking system for registered greyhounds and a comprehensive registration and accreditation scheme for industry participants.
About the Role
The role provides a broad range of accounting services, financial analysis, forecasts and reports to support decision making and to ensure that the Commission meets financial reporting and other compliance obligations.
Key accountabilities include:
- Oversee financial operations, aligning finances with strategic and business planning frameworks to support the achievement of the Commission’s vision and overall direction
- Prepare relevant statements, and/or statutory reports for submission, to ensure compliance with accounting standards, NSW Treasury guidelines and contemporary accounting practices
- Provide specialist technical advice, support and/or training on financial matters, practices, accounting policies and procedures, statutory reporting, and/or Treasury matters to ensure the Commission is compliant and resources are used efficiently
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of policies, procedures, guidelines, practices, and application of charts of accounts to ensure, efficiency, accuracy and the application of required standards
- Contribute to the provision of strategic insight including the formation of current year forecasts and forward year business plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations
- Deliver month end, and year end, reporting processes on time, and undertake complex reconciliations to support balances of accounts
- Assist the management team to identify and control risks across the scope of operation of the Commission to minimise exposure and drive the appropriate risk culture
- Relevant Accounting qualification
- Eligibility for membership of a recognised professional accounting body such as CPA Australia or Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Appointment and ongoing assignment is subject to the satisfactory participation in mandatory preemployment and ongoing probity screening, in accordance with the GWIC framework.
- Proven record in management and/or financial accounting including preparation of financial statements and reconciliations
- Experience in risk identification and controls
- Experience in a commercial environment and/or the public sector
- Employees of the Commission will be required to sign a conflict of interest declaration. You may be precluded from consideration for this role if any private interest or relationship constitutes a conflict of interest under the Conflict of Interest policy, guideline and procedures that cannot be reasonably managed.
Where you'll be working
The Commission is based in Bathurst NSW
Applying for the Role
To apply for this role you need to submit an application online via
When applying you will need to
- Attach a cover letter outlining how you meet the key and additional requirements and capabilities of this role as specified in the along with a resume (maximum 5 pages)
- Please address pre-screening questions and essential requirements. We are looking for you to demonstrate your competence in the focus capabilities as outlined in the in your answer, so please develop your response with this in mind.
- Note: the selection process will include a range of assessment techniques to assist in determining your suitability for the role.
- The Senior Accountant is responsible for preparation of monthly management reports, annual financial statements, and various reports for special purposes. Please describe your experience in preparing monthly, annual and ad-hoc financial reports.
- The Commission undertakes a number of projects and activities throughout the year that require various levels of funding. At times you will be required to gather information from multiple sources and work closely with the CEO to provide advice and assist with sometimes difficult financial decisions, to ensure the financial sustainability of the Commission. Please describe a time when you have had to gather information to assist in financial decision making. Include in your response how you determined which information was relevant, how you prioritised expenditure, and what the outcome of your actions was.
Contact: For further information refer to the or contact Fiona Bennett, Senior Accountant on 0425 253 286.
Closing date : Thursday, 1st April 2021 (11:59 pm)
A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and will be valid for a period of up to 18 months.
Regional NSW-Bathurst & Central West NSW
Number of Positions
1Total Remuneration Package:Package includes salary ($110,745 - $122,038), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.ContactFiona Bennett, Senior Accountant-0425 253 286
Accounting and financial
Greyhound Welfare and Integrity Commission
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Do you want to be part of a growing business? Do you share a passion for building relationships and working towards targets? Are you looking for career with both financial reward and structured lead [...]
Our commitment to you Our People are at the heart of everything that we do. We're committed to creating inclusive workplaces that nurture diversity and support our people to thrive. Keeping our pe [...]
About your new opportunity: As a Travel Sales Consultant in a customer facing retail store, you will help to plan, book and coordinate your customer’s next amazing travel experience. You'll be work [...]
About Aggreko plc: Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed.That’s why at Aggreko, we wor [...]