Legal Aid NSW
Student Engagement Officer-000087RP
BE in a career you love with TAFE NSW
TAFE NSW’s purpose is to skill the workforce of the future. It is Australia's leading provider of vocational education and training with over 500,000 annual enrolments and a proud history of setting the benchmark for quality service. As the NSW public provider, it supports the NSW Government's priority to grow skills for the economy and jobs of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Student Engagement Officer to join our successful Student Services team. Based at our Tamworth campus and reporting to the Manager Student Hubs,
you will be responsible for engaging with current and potential students as individuals or as members of communities in ways that attract them to enrol and complete programs at TAFE NSW. This role involves case management, career advice and support to youth people.
This position is located in Tamworth , and is a temporary full-time position until 24 th December 2021 .
Ideally, you will have the following:
- Appropriate degree/diploma/ appropriate vocational certificate or industrial experience
- Evidence of experience in fostering and developing inclusionary education and training practices and excellent knowledge and understanding of the VET sector
- Confirmed expertise in engaging with students in ways that lead to success along educational and employment pathways
- Driver’s license and capacity to travel for TAFE NSW business purposes (occasional travel might be required to other campuses e.g. Gunnedah. Armidale etc.)
To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong problem-solving skills to identify, implement, and monitor student outcomes. The successful applicant should be compassionate and have excellent communication skills to be able to support young people and provide them with an advice in regard to courses and career. As this role requires you to provide a specific advice about courses and progression through student cycle, it would be ideal if you have experiences as a teacher, a librarian or a counsellor.
For further information about the role and essential requirements, please refer to the and .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Want to deliver food from Australia’s favourite chains including Hungry Jack’s, KFC, Oporto, and more? Want some flexibility in your work and to be the boss of your own schedule? Why drive with [...]
- Exciting opportunity for a highly organised, customer-centric individual - Join a supportive Local Council recognised as an 'Employer of Choice' - Salary circa $53,544.40 - $57,579.60 PLUS super [...]
About the role Duties required (but not limited to): - Answering customer enquiries and directing to appropriate personal where required - Receiving visitors/customers in a timely and profession [...]
Accountant – Intermediate to senior Our firm is based in Tamworth and is a highly regarded, dynamic practice specialising in tax services, business management and accounting to small business cli [...]