About the Opportunity
You will assist individuals to engage in meaningful occupations through a client centred approach, which enables optimal health and wellbeing. This includes helping injured or ill workers to facilitate their rehabilitation with an end goal of returning to work, pre-employment assessments, and onsite injury prevention work.
You will be accountable for:-
- Assessing injured workers to determine the best way to help them get back to work
- Visiting workplaces to gain an understanding of what challenges an injured worker may face and educating workplaces on how to prevent workplace injuries
- Conducting Pre-Employment Assessments including drug & alcohol, audiology,
spirometry and functional testing to assess fitness for work
- Reviewing high risk manual tasks to determine how they can be performed safely
- Providing clinical opinions and justification through report writing
- Case managing complex injuries and liaising with treating doctors and health professionals to help an injured worker recover and get back to work.
As a Workplace Rehabilitation professional with at least 12 months experience in a similar role (preferable), some of your other talents and attributes include:
- Completion of an Allied Health Degree
- Current registration as an Occupational Therapist with AHPRA
- An ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic team environment
- Current Driver’s Licence and reliable transport.
Join Our Team
When you work for KINNECT, you work with a group of likeminded people who enjoy a variety of challenges each day. As a valued employee, we offer you unrivalled workplace benefits, an industry leading culture and a diverse client base. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive training and professional development
- A flexible working environment
- Performance based incentives
- Sophisticated systems and technology to make your job simpler.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
A retail shop in Broadbeach is seeking a casual Retail Shop Assistant (up to 40 hours per week) to join our team. To be considered for this role you should: - Have at least 1 year of experie [...]
PowerSmart Industries is a solar and electrical company with our head office based in Coolangatta, QLD. We are expanding our operations throughout QLD and NSW and require an experienced solar roofer [...]
Speech Language Pathologist - Statewide writeAgency('Education'); Education (Organisation site ( )) Various Regions, State Schools Division The Department of Education is seeking qualified Speech [...]
Occupational Therapist - Assistant Director writeAgency('Queensland Health'); Queensland Health (Organisation site ( )) Southport and Robina The primary focus of this role is to provide professio [...]