As a Lead Data Engineer at Avanade, you will use comprehensive modern data engineer techniques and methods with Advanced Analytics to support business decisions for Avanade clients. You can collect, aggregate, and analyze structured/unstructured data from multiple internal and external sources and patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers. Your goal is to support the use of data-driven insights to help our clients achieve business outcomes and objectives. In this role, you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Client business decisions. You will help design and build data pipelines, data streams, reporting tools, information dashboards, data service APIs, data generators,
and other end-user information portals and insight tools. You will be a critical part of the data supply chain, ensuring that stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis to drive business outcomes using Advanced Analytics.
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
• Analyses current business practices, processes, and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
• Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, and performing needs assessments.
• Delivery of architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies.
• Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
• Design and Build Data Service APIs.
• Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
• Expose data to end-users using PowerBI, Azure API Apps, or any other modern visualization platform or experience.
• Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
• Travel as needed
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
• Strong experience as an Azure Data Engineer and must have Azure Purview experience.
• Demonstrated experience in turning business use cases and requirements into technical solutions.
• Expert level understanding of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App Service is required.
• Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
• Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flow.
• The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
• Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics is a plus.
• Knowledge of Python is a plus.
• Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
• Experience preparing data for use in Azure Machine Learning and/or Azure Databricks is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases (text, voice, image, etc.…).
• Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IoT data.
• Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns.
• Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
• Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
• Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
• Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
• Experience with Git/TFS/VSTS is a must.
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess MS/ Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or machine learning. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
• Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
• Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Generous parental leave
• Corporate private health insurance discounts
• Up to 80 hours of training per year
Please APPLY only if you are an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident with full working rights.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Disability Support Workers - Primarily for Padstow, Lakemba, Greenacre, Berala and neighboring suburbs - Clients with acquired brain injury (ABI) with low to high support needs. - Clients pref [...]
MetricStream is the global market leader for Integrated Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) solutions delivered on an intelligent integrated platform. MetricStream’s purpose-built platform is pro [...]
Intralinks Careers - Sales Associate - Sydney - About the Team The Sydney team is part of the Asia-Pacific business unit and has shown strong growth over the past 12 months and continues to meet ex [...]
Our Company Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver excep [...]