Intrepid Group is looking for Group Leaders in Australia. This is a contract-based position and is responsible for leading groups on trips and ensuring that each and every Intrepid trip is the best travel experience ever. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the candidate will achieve overall successful operation of trips by focussing on the execution of each element – health and safety, responsiveness to customer needs, informative briefings, showcasing local culture within the trip, enjoyment of all group members by providing enriching experiences, and management of trip logistics.
Who are you?
Intrepid is the world’s largest adventure travel company,
our trips deliver ‘priceless’ wow experiences which benefit our customers and the communities that we visit. As leaders in sustainable experience-rich travel, our Group Leaders are at the core of our business. Hence, the candidate must possess these qualifications, experience, skills and attributes and be willing to fill the requirements.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Previous tour leader or tour guide experience
- Experience leading or guiding cycling and/or trekking groups preferred
- First Aid Certificate
- Drivers License
- Working with Children Check or equivalent
- Experience working with and developing rapport with a broad range of individuals and groups
- Customer service experience
- Extensive experience travelling within Australia or within your state
- Travel industry certification such as guide or travel escort license as required
- Basic computer skills including email, word and excel
- High level of spoken and written English
Other Required Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of the Intrepid style of travel and trips an advantage
- A commitment to exceeding customer expectations
- Leadership skills
- Passion for travel
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience budgeting and handling money
- An ability to communicate with people from varied cultures and backgrounds
- To be physically fit and healthy to deliver successful trips in sometimes mentally and physically challenging conditions
- A willingness to work flexible hours according to the group's needs
- An understanding of and belief in the Intrepid’s Responsible Travel philosophy
- To be able to legally work within Australia
- To be on call via mobile phone when on trip
- To complete Intrepid Leader Training prior to commencing work
What will you be doing?
Annual Operational Accountabilities
(Net Promoter Score)
Day to day leading in an organised and professional manner
Regular briefings with travellers
Increase local knowledge through researching in books, on line, and through interaction with suppliers and communities we visit, and share with travellers
Research and create/update leader information, trip and supplier notes
Assist travellers when problems arise
Take into account the needs of individuals and the group
NPS & Average enjoyment ratings from passenger feedback data
Provide accurate emailed accounts within two days of finishing
Keep up-to-date with recent costings and provide information to the office
Report from account department on trip profitability and leader performance
Quality Control and adherence to Intrepid itineraries, policies and guidelines and company values
Aware of and agreement to Intrepid policy and guidelines relevant to leading and act within these at all times
Ensure the safety and wellbeing of travellers by leading trips in accordance with Intrepid safety policy, and taking preventative measures to ensure the safety of group members
To run the trip itinerary as specified
To uphold and promote responsible travel practices and adherence to Company Values by acting as a role model for other leaders and travellers and by demonstrating respect for local people, cultures, customs and environments
Initiating or participating in responsible travel projects
Facilitating interaction between local communities and travellers
Ensuring group members adhere to Intrepid policies and guidelines where relevant and act upon behaviour that contravenes this
Trip feedback, and responsible travel ratings. No complaint letters from customers or agents. No avoidable incidents resulting from trips led.
Administrative and financial information provided in a thorough and timely manner including passenger insurance details, bookings, trip reports, trip fund finalisation etc.
Operations office, management, and fellow leaders communicated with regularly and in a timely manner
Safety incidents or breaches of policy or core values reported immediately
Manager reports and reviews. Feedback from associated departments.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
See Yourself In Our Team Business & Private Bank (B&PB;) offer a wide range of services and solutions to our small to medium, enterprise customers and our regional and agribusiness customers. We [...]
Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honour our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering [...]
Job Description About Infosys: Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in 46 countries to navigate their digital transformation. With ov [...]
OTE of AU$80k + superannuation CBD Office location Career development opportunities Exposure and collaboration with Global Technology vendors Social, vibrant, strong, and supportive team Are yo [...]