About the role
What you need to know:
As an Audit Manager, you will be part of our General Insurance International Audit team. You will have an exciting opportunity to learn about AIG’s products and services and enhance your knowledge and skillsets as you participate in audit projects across multiple businesses and functions including General Insurance and Corporate Functions such as Enterprise Risk Management, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Investments, and Legal, Compliance and Regulatory.
You will collaborate with AIG business area and functional stakeholders, Internal Audit (IA) and other assurance teams to:
- Identify and analyse the inherent risks in the stakeholder’s business and the controls that management has implemented to mitigate their risks.
- Assist in the development of individual audits to ensure that audit projects and stakeholders focus on key risks and controls.
- Participate in developing and executing a risk-based audit plan, which includes planning, designing and executing testing of controls, drafting of issues, and follow-up and verification of issues closure in accordance with IA’s Global Audit Methodology and professional standards for audit engagements.
- Lead/execute operational and financial audit assignments, as well as special projects as needed.
- Monitor continuously the risks and developments of the business, including audit issues tracking and verification, and provide input into audit planning decision.
- Test controls to ensure they are working as designed by reviewing documentation, meeting with management to discuss the business processes, and observing general business operations
- Perform data analytics to identify anomalies or issues in the testing of controls, partnering with the IA data analytics team
- Identify the root cause for control deficiencies and evaluate management action responses to address the root cause
- Draft identified issues, audit reports, process narratives and other documents to assist audit team with reporting to the stakeholders
- Clearly and concisely communicate issue observations, audit results, or other key messages as needed to a variety of constituents, including senior business and audit management, both verbally and through written audit reports
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and seek out ways to improve efficiencies in the IA process
- Accountable for meeting deliverables, quality assurance and methodology standards, including providing real-time feedback
- Continually seek to learn through asking questions, getting exposure to new opportunities and training sessions
- Some business travel may be required
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of Internal Audit experience, preferably in insurance industry
- A certified professional designation (e.g. CIA, CISA, CA, CPA) is preferred
- Solid foundational knowledge of internal audit
- Good understanding of local regulatory requirements
- Effective time management skills; coordinate and prioritize competing initiatives while meeting deadlines
- Exhibit professional skepticism and curiosity
- Excellent team player and team accountability
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Data analytics and project management knowledge is a plus
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Facilities Officer - Contract until end of October - $50 - $60 per hour plus super - NSW Government About the role The Facilities Officer is responsible for assisting the Manager Building and Plac [...]
The Digital Producer role is responsible for supporting the management and delivery of digital projects for SAI Global’s Standards business. This role will be key in planning coordinating and deliv [...]
Our Company Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver excep [...]
Description Gordon Brothers is a global, independent, asset advisory and investment firm providing restructuring, asset remarketing, advisory, and capital solutions. We have offices in Australia in S [...]