Software Development Engineer II
At Expedia we are revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. Every second of every day, we send two travelers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. We work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with the ever-changing travel landscape. The opportunities to inspire travel for the global customer are endless.
We want you to bring your techie skills to our agile environment as we move from revolutionizing the web to redefining the mobile travel experience. From the back-end supply and database functions,
to new user-interfaces for our more than 140 branded travel sites, there is no shortage of technical innovation.
What's in it for you? Beyond travel perks and other competitive benefits, you can walk away from work each day knowing you truly made an impact. You can create a new feature that goes on the live site. You can build programs that streamline our backend search and supply processes. You can help localize content and systems globally. And you can do this all while working alongside smart, passionate techies who love travel to their core.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and maintain application services within flights’ microservice architecture in the cloud environment
- Write clean, maintainable code utilizing object-oriented design principles, data structures and algorithms which are of high quality and good software hygiene standards
- Build and maintain microservices and components that interact within and outside of Expedia’s technical stack using variety of languages like Java, Kotlin and Scala
- Build and maintain API integrations using web services messaging formats such as SOAP, JSON, RPC
- Build backend infrastructure which are highly scalable and resilient.
- Performance tuning and optimizing Flight services using latest tools, methodologies, and design patterns
- Practice resilience engineering for every frontend/backend component you build and evangelize resilience within the team
- Provide operational support for the flights’ platform
- Help design and build reusable frameworks and libraries to simplify development
Who are you:
You are not only skilled at programming but an excellent communicator with a bias for action. You have focus and strong sense of ownership. Over time you will grow into a key technical resource capable of full stack development as well as driving cross-team design and architecture reviews.
- You are a voracious learner, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 1-2+ years full-stack software development experience across multiple technologies, languages, and frameworks
- Flexible in learning and understanding both front-end as well as back-end services
- Experience in at least one of the following programming languages - Java / Scala / Kotlin
- Experience with Restful APIs and familiarity with development of services using frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Dropwizard on Cloud.
- Experience and knowledge around Cloud technologies like AWS is a big plus
- Good communication and ability to explain technical details and challenges to a variety of audiences
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Ability to work in a diverse organization with global, decentralized teams working across multiple locations
- Team player who thrives in a fast paced and collaborative working environment and have a growth mindset
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Digital Manager PHD – Employer of Choice PHD is synonymous with planning excellence and innovation as we strive to always Find a Better Way for our clients. With best in breed technology at your f [...]
An opportunity to be part of the Department of Radiology at Royal North Shore Hospital is available. Position Classification: Staff Specialist Employment Type: Temporary Full Time or Part Time H [...]
- Want to work for Australia’s Largest Private Health Care Provider - Grow your career across our National Network - We can offer hours to suit to maintain the right work/life balance for you [...]
The role of the Assistant Director (Campaigns), Sector Performance and Campaigns is to support our Client’s work in protecting and enhancing the safety, health, well-being and quality of life of age [...]