Android Engineer - Brisbane
We believe that great change begins with individuals who are given the freedom to make a difference, and we champion this in all that we do here at Expedia Group Engineering, Brisbane.
We are building the next generation of trip management and planning functionality to enable millions of our customers to experience the trips they will remember forever. We are using the latest cutting-edge technology and patterns to ensure we can scale up with the business, customers and a plethora of new ideas.
To be able to do all this, we have a passion for exploration and a keen focus on keeping things simple. We aren't afraid to have fun, try new things and learn from our mistakes.
Are you someone who works best in a team environment and is passionate about getting things done? Then we would love you to apply, whether you meet all the qualifications or not.
What you'll do
As a key contributor to the development of Expedia's iOS mobile application, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the Trips experience team and other partners to build and ship customer-facing features in a rapidly-moving and dynamic environment
- Use your creativity, engineering skills and technical knowledge to deliver value and improvements iteratively and efficiently.
- Ensure that visual design is meticulously up to spec and unique Android capabilities are used for a truly native experience
- Keep a strong eye for the operational aspects of the platform such as deployment, performance tuning and monitoring.
- Display a quality approach to unit testing, code review, integration testing.
Who you are
Here are some of the things we are looking for that will help you in this role:
- More than 5 Years of experience in mobile application develStrong experience in Android application development with some experience on large scale applications.
- Proficiency in Kotlin and MVVM.
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Worked with or knowledge of Apollo/GraphQL.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Some experience developing on other mobile platforms.
- You are able to collaborate and get results cross-team, in a complex working environment.
- You value team diversity, communicate with empathy and act humbly.
If you find this intriguing, love travel and think everyone should, then come join us!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job no: 746184 Work type: Full time Location: Brisbane - Metro North Applications close: 30 Apr 2021 11:55 PM E. Australia Standard Time Here at Linfox we believe together, anything is possibl [...]
Role: Educational Leader Location: Murarrie Centre: Goodstart Murarrie Employment Type: Permanent Full Time We’re Goodstart At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for be [...]
An exciting opportunity exists within Planning Group's Development Assessment Division for a Planning Performance Manager. As part of this role, you'll be responsible for overseeing the delivery of a [...]
Department: Dental Practice Location: QLD City: Rochedale Post Date: 2021-04-21 Job Reference: GHGQ-JO-2104-17867 - Casual position for a Sterilisation Nurse with Dental Assisting dut [...]