What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
This position is in the Vinnies Services directorate and is part of the Homelessness and Housing team that is responsible for state-wide management of excellent homelessness and housing services.
The Support Worker will assist in all aspects of accommodation services for clients and will work in cooperation with the Case Management Team in the implementation of the clients' case plans. The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- assisting in the entry and assessment of new clients
- providing a safe and welcoming environment for clients who live at, or are accessing the service
- undertaking all tasks relating to accommodation services, i.e. room inspections, attending to the primary needs of clients, supervising activities etc
- maintaining client records/case notes and other documentation required
- liaising with external agencies regarding vacancies and requests for accommodation
This role will report to the Team Leader, Accommodation. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
The St Vincent de Paul Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
- Appropriate Certificate or equivalent experience or currently undertaking tertiary study, in a related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use sound judgement and act appropriately in crisis and emergency situations.
- Current first aid certificate.
- Ability to maintain an ethical, yet non-judgmental, attitude towards residents and staff, and commitment to this.
- Sound knowledge of WHS legislation as it relates to the workplace.
- Ability to work a rotating roster covering day, afternoon and sleepover shifts.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Monday to Friday role - Immacualte CBD offices - Fantastic Team! Compass Group is the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schoo [...]
- Construction Law-specialist firm - CBD location - Access front and back-end Construction-specialist work - Major projects & Sophisticated Clients (incl. Governments) The Firm A leading bouti [...]
Global organisation based in Sydney CBD is looking for an Instructional Designer for their team Your new company This Global organisation is an industry leader, with their APAC Head Office in Sydn [...]
Sydney | Drive your career with a market leader Have you embarked on a recruitment career that isn’t for you? Are you passionate about people, ambitious to succeed and motivated by goals and target [...]