New South Wales
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
This position is in the Vinnies Services directorate and is part of the Homelessness and Housing Team that is responsible for state-wide management of excellent homelessness and housing services.
The Support Worker will support clients of Homelessness and Housing Services for women and women with children experiencing domestic violence; support will include assisting in the entry and assessment of new clients, and in the daily running of the site. The Support Worker will:
- provide case work support to implement case plans, in cooperation with the case management team
- provide support in the different aspects of accommodation services, including: orienting new clients, organising rooms, general housekeeping; room inspection; serving meals
- assist/supervise a variety of activities and programs for clients
- maintain accurate and up-to-date records in all aspects of accommodation services provided to clients
- ensure that a welcoming, safe and secure environment is maintained at all times.
This role will report to the Manager, Homelessness and Housing Eastern Suburbs. Please click here for a copy of the position description that contain the full list of accountabilities and responsibilities.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
The St Vincent de Paul Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
- Appropriate Certificate or equivalent experience or currently undertaking tertiary study, in a related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use sound judgement and act appropriately in crisis and emergency situations.
- Current first aid certificate.
- Ability to maintain an ethical, yet non-judgmental, attitude towards residents and staff, and commitment to this.
- Sound knowledge of WHS legislation as it relates to the workplace.
- Ability to work a rotating roster covering day, afternoon and sleepover shifts.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
AHPRA Drivers licence Car WWCC Police clearance Show moreShow less [...]
Closes: 26 April 2021 Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 6 Salary: $87,715 - $100,388 plus superannuation Position No: 24077 - 01VBE Directorate: Advertised (Gazettal dat [...]
Opportunity to make a difference This is an exciting time in our values-based organisation and an important step in leveraging our homecare mission to build an eco-system of services to shift the way [...]
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to fill the Community Nurse position. As a Community Nurse you will be responsible for providing a wide range of clinical services to our Aged Care and Disability [...]