Teacher Aide (Identified) - Gordonvale State High School writeAgency('Education'); Education (Organisation site ( ))
Far North Queensland Region, State Schools Division
Applications are sought from passionate individuals to join the Gordonvale State High School support team for the remainder of . As the Teacher Aide (Identified) you will contribute to the provision of a quality educational service by assisting and supporting teachers with the preparation/enhancement of learning materials and associated activities. You will also support activities with the objective of improving learning outcomes of Indigenous students and provide resourcing for cross cultural awareness training to the broader school community.
Image Courtesy of Gordonvale State High School ( )
About Gordonvale State High School
Gordonvale State High School is a moderately sized high school of just over students. We have a proud tradition of providing high quality educational opportunities across academic, sporting, cultural and citizenship areas. Our vision is for all of our students to reach their true potential, to achieve their individual goals and to make a positive contribution to their communities.
As the Teacher Aide (Identified) you will have responsibility for the following:
- Assisting teachers and students with sporting activities and with school excursions.
- Communicating effectively and displaying high level of interpersonal skills to function as an effective team member.
- Development of activities which promote productive partnerships between individual and group members of the community, under the relevant teacher or other staff member responsible for the indigenous portfolio.
- Maintaining anecdotal records on students for use in reviewing student's development.
- Displaying confidentiality, tact, reliability and sensitivity to students and their families.
- Assisting in the supervision of education activities, under the direction of a teacher (for example, a bush tucker garden).
- Assisting teaching staff with playground/bus supervision.
- Contributing to the welfare, health and safety of students including the delivery of first aid. Where the teacher aide is required to administer first aid, the teacher aide would be required to be formally trained in the administration of first aid, and keep such qualifications current. All costs associated with obtaining and maintaining qualifications would be met from school funds.
- Assisting students to find reference materials.
- Providing assistance and advice with the scholarships application process.
- Literacy and Numeracy duties that may include support for teachers in providing learning materials for students at risk, working with small groups as well as individual students and use of computers when working with students.
- Working with teachers and the community to promote and develop an understanding of the Australian Curriculum's Cross-curriculum priority - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures. The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures priority provides opportunities for all students to deepen their knowledge of Australia by engaging with the world's oldest continuous living cultures.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- For this position, it is a genuine occupational requirement that it be filled by an Aboriginal person or a Torres Strait Islander person as set out in Section of the Anti Discrimination Act for the purposes contained in Section of that Act.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Mount St Bernard College is seeking applications for a Secondary Teacher in the areas of - Senior Physics and 7-10 Maths & Science Full Time Permanent Position Commencing 12 July 2021 Commitment [...]
MacKillop Catholic College, Mount Peter is seeking applications for a suitably qualified candidate for a Teacher - The Arts Full Time Permanent Position Commencing: Negotiable Applications Close [...]
With recent expansion into the Cairns market it’s now time to welcome an Operations Manager to the Greater Reef Cleaning Townsville family. Reporting to the owner you will lead and develop the te [...]
Dental Therapist (Western Cape - Weipa) writeAgency('Queensland Health'); Queensland Health (Organisation site ( )) Weipa If you are chasing an exciting adventure, Weipa is calling you! We have a [...]