- Work with technical experts in geotechnical design and analysis
- Expedite client networks and support project pipeline and team growth
- Supportive team culture with flexible work options
What will you be doing?
With the growing pipeline of work in our Transportation business, we are looking for an experienced Principal / Associate Technical Director - Geotechnical Engineer to be part of our team in Sydney. Your role will include:
- Contribute to the sector strategy/ business plans as required;
- Providing geotechnical analysis and design expertise into a diverse range of projects from inception to completion;
- Proactively managing selected projects or components of projects,
taking responsibility for the program, resource allocation, technical risks and delivery;
- Liaising with the Project Manager or Director and the client to keep informed of all developments, changes/modifications associated with the project;
- Building and developing effective and enduring relationships with other teams and technical disciplines, clients and sub-consultants, and other external organizations to foster co-operation and maximise cross-sell and trade-up opportunities;
- Working closely with your established network in New South Wales to acquire and develop new business opportunities including public and private clients; and
- Developing team members to their full potential through training, coaching and mentoring.
Who are we looking for?
You will come to us with:
- Relevant engineering degree with Chartered status or equivalent professional accreditation;
- Significant years of experience in the geotechnical industry;
- Demonstrated site investigation experience;
- Relevant experience in a design consultancy environment;
- High-level proficiency in the use of geotechnical analysis and design software is desirable;
- Experience on projects for RMS, TfNSW, Sydney Trains or their interstate equivalents;
- Experience in the design of structural foundations, soft soil stabilization measures, embankments and slope stabilization measures, excavation retention systems and soil structure interaction is preferable;
- Excellent client-focus and the ability to delivery to client needs;
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills:
- Proven experience in building and maintaining effective relationships, both with clients and team members; and
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills.
Who are we?
For over 75 years Arcadis Australia Pacific has been a leader in built and natural asset design and management and we strive to create smart, sustainable solutions for our valued clients. To achieve this, we collaborate with the 28,000 Arcadians in over 350 offices around the globe on world-changing projects.
How are we different from others?
It is through our talented and passionate people and the unique combination of global knowledge and local expertise which enables us in shaping Australia’s future. We are proud to work on iconic projects that improve quality of life not just in Australia but around the world. Our culture puts people first. Where everyone has the opportunity to own their career and transform their world.
Why work for us?
You'll experience more than a career - you'll be working on industry-defining projects that will give you growth opportunities. The ability to work in an agile way means you can transform your world. And more broadly, the work that you do will benefit wider society.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis, and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- 2020 WGEA Equal Opportunity Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- 2020 Flex Able certified employer
- 2018 Great Place to Work certified employer
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Local Fish & Chip takeaway store located in south west Sydney. must be able to work in a fast paced environment, quick learner and able to speak English and communicate effective. hourly rate depe [...]
Part time temporary Sales Administrator for a company located at Macquarie Park Your new company A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a global pharmaceutical company in there customer servic [...]
Job Description Acare Sydney Pty. Ltd. Is all about providing highly personalised care. We offer our services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We provide real-time, flexible, secure, r [...]
- North Sydney Location - Circa $125K base + super - Global Organisation An exciting opportunity for an influential and dynamic HR Business Partner to join a global organisation. The Opportunit [...]