will also require you to identify new clients and new business opportunities and, together with relevant colleagues, secure a pipeline of new work.
- Lead RINA’s Power Systems team in Australia including supervision and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Provide technical input and leadership on a variety of projects for distribution and transmission networks, renewable energy and grid integration, including: power system planning, grid connection studies, power system/grid code compliance studies, protection and substation design
- Assist in the development of renewable energy and energy storage projects including grid prospecting, connection conceptual design and optioneering
- Lead and undertake grid connection due diligence including risk assessment and capacity/constraints assessment
- Advise clients in negotiation of connection agreements with AEMO and NSPs to achieve the best technical and commercial outcomes
- Support the implementation of renewable generation projects including Model Acceptance Testing
- Work with RINA colleagues to utilise your network of contacts and our own client base to meet and understand the needs of current and prospective clients
- Lead the submission of high-quality bids and proposals to existing and potential clients
- Network at all levels within RINA, client organisations and other external bodies as applicable
- Represent RINA to clients at bid presentations and project presentations
- Interact and present at industry conferences, seminars and other networking events
- Support RINA colleagues to achieve their potential
- Project Management
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or other relevant technical discipline
- Chartered or Professional Engineer status or be working towards it
- Thorough understanding of power system theory
- Deep understanding of current transmission and distribution planning and customer connection processes in Australia and perspective on anticipated changes
- Strong knowledge of technical requirements (including NER) and guidelines for connecting new generators and loads.
- Ability to undertake and review detailed grid connection studies
- Knowledge of Laplace controller models and their operation
- Knowledge of HV equipment and substation design including control and protection principles, transmission lines, generators, transformers, reactive equipment, etc.
- Specific knowledge of inverter-based power conversion systems and their control systems is desirable
- Knowledge of related technologies including solar, wind or energy storage
- Strong appreciation of the technical, contractual and commercial aspects of delivering successful projects
- Project management methodologies
- Highly experienced in an Australian power system engineering environment such as an engineering consultancy, OEM, NSP or AEMO
- First-hand experience managing processes and studies for new Australian transmission or distribution generator connections
- Relevant experience beyond Australia in the wider APAC region an advantage
- Track record undertaking and reviewing static and dynamic power system studies
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects and project teams
- Experience in design and specification of electrical equipment and systems, including substations, would be an advantage
- Experience of engineering consultancy would be an advantage
- Previous exposure and track record in business development activities would be an advantage
- Proficient with modern simulation software and electrical circuit modelling tools e.g. PSCAD, PSS/E, DigSILENT Powerfactory, ETAP, ERACS etc.
- Experience with software script writing, e.g. Python, would be an advantage
- Ability to work effectively within a flexible team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
You will be a highly professional engineer with a drive to deliver technical excellence to match the RINA team ethos. You will be an effective technical thinker with strong analytical problem-solving skills and a collaborative approach. You will be keen to continue developing your skills and to support and mentor the development of less experienced team members. As a strong communicator you will have well-developed report writing and presentation skills with acute attention to detail but also the ability to summarise key results and impacts for less technical audiences. You will thrive on customer engagement and be skilled in understanding their needs and building lasting relationships.
Your customer focus and sound technical judgment will equip you to achieve your project objectives. You will pro-actively manage your projects and apply your knowledge of project management methodologies and practices daily. You will work well in all scenarios and as a ‘self-manager’ take satisfaction from using your initiative and taking accountability.
You will have a “can-do” attitude and be excited by the opportunity to work in a relational team environment with a flat management structure and strong emphasis on personal responsibility, cooperation and information sharing.
RINA is a global corporation providing testing, inspection, certification and consulting services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors. We have been at the forefront of providing innovative and technical solutions for more than 150 years, working closely with clients as a trusted partner, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way. Through a global network of 3,700 talented professionals, operating in 170 offices in 65 countries, we support our clients across the entire life cycle of their projects. Facing new challenges, adapting to new contexts and being where big things happen: working with us means turning our clients’ ideas into success. You will transform challenges into opportunities and brilliant ideas into excellent solutions.
RINA has strong renewables and energy storage teams based in Australia and has supported clients to develop and construct many of the utility scale projects at the forefront of Australia’s energy revolution. Our dedicated and highly skilled international power systems team is in demand to provide advanced analysis services in Australia’s challenging grid connection environment. This role will include building on this established reputation and lead development and delivery of power system services in the local market.
We offer a positive, flexible and open work culture with competitive salaries and real opportunities for professional development.
As part of our growing team you’ll find yourself working with world-class clients in a variety of market sectors
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.
Business units Energy/Power and Renewables
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As COVID-19 continues to impact all of our lives, the health and safety of our people remains our key priority. Learn more about how we are continuing to recruit and connect with our talent. Locatio [...]
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable t [...]
IT Manager Sydney /Operations /Full TimeApply for this jobAt Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to [...]
The role will also require you to identify new clients and new business opportunities and, together with relevant colleagues, secure a pipeline of new work. Responsibilities - Lead RINA’s Power [...]