will be focused on delivering services in the renewable energy sector as both Owner’s Engineer and Independent Engineer, including feasibility, design, project development services, technical due diligence, construction monitoring, acceptance testing, performance and operational services, as well as involvement in winning and delivering new projects across the globe.
Responsibilities may include:
- Delivering technical due diligence and Owners Engineering services on large scale solar PV, wind and energy storage projects for Investors, Lenders, IPPs and Developers
- Monitoring and reporting on projects through the construction and operational phases
- Providing technical engineering support on projects at all stages of the project development cycle
- Reviewing (as per candidate’s specific experience) of resource, technologies, structural studies, electrical design, contractual documentation, environmental studies, planning permission, health and safety reports, grid offers and grid connection agreements
- EPC tender design, co-ordination, management, evaluation and review
- Project risk management, including construction, operational, and financial risk
- Reviewing and preparing technical and non-technical reports
- People and project management dependent on experience, ensuring effective communication within the internal team and stakeholders
- Leading or contributing to business development activities i.e. development of new solutions, proposal writing and client presentations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience working in one or more of the large scale solar PV, wind or energy storage sectors across the role responsibilities detailed above
- Engineering degree (or relevant technical degree)
- Eligibility to live and work in Australia (e.g. Australian citizen or holder of / eligible for an Australian working visa).
- Prior experience with the Australian renewables market.
- Demonstrated aptitude in consulting/managing clients/service delivery; specific experience within the renewable energy sector preferable and prior experience working at an engineering consultancy in similar roles would be highly regarded (especially Lenders TA, Construction Monitoring or Owner’s Engineering experience)
- Knowledge of the design, construction, operations and maintenance of electrical / mechanical system components
- Understanding of project development economics and project finance
- Related technologies experience e.g. distribution & transmission systems, rooftop systems, hydrogen
- Cross disciplinary knowledge, e.g. CSP, biomass, conventional combustion technologies
- Chartered or Professional Engineer status, RPEQ preferable
- Good knowledge of relevant Australian and international technical standards and working practices.
You will be a highly professional candidate with a drive to deliver technical excellence to match the RINA renewables team ethos. You will be an effective technical thinker with strong analytical problem solving skills and a collaborative approach. You will be keen to continue developing your skills and to support and mentor the development of less experienced team members. As a strong communicator you will have well-developed report writing and presentation skills with acute attention to detail. You will thrive on customer engagement and be skilled in understanding their needs and building lasting relationships.
Your customer focus and sound technical judgment will equip you to achieve your project objectives. You will know the best way to manage your projects and apply your knowledge of project management methodologies and practices daily. You will work well in all scenarios and as a ‘self-manager’ take satisfaction from using your initiative and taking accountability.
You will have a “can-do” attitude and be excited by the opportunity to work in a relational team environment with a flat management structure and strong emphasis on personal responsibility, cooperation and information sharing.
RINA is a global corporation providing testing, inspection, certification and consulting services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors. We have been at the forefront of providing innovative and technical solutions for more than 150 years, working closely with clients as a trusted partner, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way. Through a global network of 3,700 talented professionals, operating in 170 offices in 65 countries, we support our clients across the entire life cycle of their projects. Facing new challenges, adapting to new contexts and being where big things happen: working with us means turning our clients’ ideas into success. You will transform challenges into opportunities and brilliant ideas into excellent solutions.
RINA has strong renewables and energy storage teams based in Australia and has supported clients to develop and construct many of the utility scale projects at the forefront of Australia’s energy revolution.
We offer a positive, flexible and open work culture with competitive salaries tailored to candidate experience and real opportunities for professional development.
As part of our growing team you’ll find yourself working with world-class clients in a variety of market sectors
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.
Business units Energy/Power and Renewables
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Local Fish & Chip takeaway store located in south west Sydney. must be able to work in a fast paced environment, quick learner and able to speak English and communicate effective. hourly rate depe [...]
Part time temporary Sales Administrator for a company located at Macquarie Park Your new company A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a global pharmaceutical company in there customer servic [...]
Job Description Acare Sydney Pty. Ltd. Is all about providing highly personalised care. We offer our services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We provide real-time, flexible, secure, r [...]
- North Sydney Location - Circa $125K base + super - Global Organisation An exciting opportunity for an influential and dynamic HR Business Partner to join a global organisation. The Opportunit [...]